Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

Dealing with the cold

Hello!
Or should I say brrrrrr

It is extremely cold today, which is weird considering  the sun we had only a few days ago! What's happenin' Mother Nature?!

Well, you might think that I should be used by the cold by now. Especially the cold here in Chile, since I've been living in Sweden all my life. I mean, it's not the warmest country so to say. 

But really, I am one of those people who are constantly cold. So, here are a few tips from a professional cold-person (temperature wise) on how to keep warm... or at least attempting it;


1. TEA (or hot chocolate.. or whatever hot beverage)
I lovelovelooove tea!! (I might actually love it a little too much) and I drink a lot of it. The only bad thing about tea is that I have to run to the bathroom waay to often.
But c'mon, how can you not love tea? It's like a warm hug in a cup! And there are more flavors to choose between than there are ants on earth! (Well, almost.. (Well, I don't know, really))

2. "GUATEROS" (hot water bottle)
Imagine this: 
You're sitting in the sofa but are still way to cold to relax. You're wrapped up in two blankets and have three socks on each feet! WHAT TO DO?! 
Heat some water and put it in your hot water bottle, snuggle back up in the sofa and laugh at the cold!

3. LAYER ON LAYER... ON LAYER OF CLOTHES
In Sweden they teach us from a young age that "there is no bad weather; only bad clothes!".
I remember when I was about.. six years old, and they gave us a picture of a person which you had to dress (draw clothes on him) depending on the weather. 
What comes first in cold weather is an underwear which works well even if it gets cold, so cotton would not be essential. Then comes a sweater and a sweatshirt, and so on.. 
During my stay here in Chile, I've noticed that not a lot of people live by this "layer on layer"-rule. For example, when it's cold and i want to wear black thin leggings, I put on transparent nude leggings under them. Everyone always ask me if I'm not cold, but I'm not because I've got my tricks, see? :D 
But to be fair, they do actually have really good polar shirts here in Chile, which keep me veeery warm :)


4. STRIPPING IS AWESOME
As long as you keep your clothes on! 
A lot of cold wind comes in through your windows and doors, so weather sealing, or "stripping" is very recommendable! It's fast, it's effective, it's easy and it's cheap! What's better than that? 

5. HUGS
.. Of course! 
Everybody likes hugs! At least if it is with the right person! So why not take advantage of the body heat? Snuggle up, people! 





And by all means, do not forget to think happy warm thoughts!
XO

J.

Buenos días! 
O tal vez debería decir brrrrr

Hace mucho mucho frío hoy día, lo que es raro considerando el sol que teníamos hace solamente algunos días! ¿Que está pasando, Madre Tierra?!

Bueno, talk vez piensas que yo ya debería estar acostumbrada con el frío ahora. En especial el frío Chileno, ya que he vivido toda mi vida en Suecia. Osea, no es el país más caluroso por decir. 

Pero de verdad, yo soy una de esas personas que siempre están heladas. Así que, aquí viene unos consejos de una Fría profesional (de temperatura, no como fría de corazón!) de como mantener el calor.. O por lo menos intentarlo;

1. TÉ (o chocolate caliente.. o cualquier bebida caliente)
Me ENCANTA el té! (sinceramente, a lo mejor me encanta demasiado) y lo tomo mucho. Lo único malo del te es que me hace correr al baño todo el tiempo.
Pero vamos, cómo no te puede gustar el té? Es como un abrazo calientito en una taza! Y hay más variedades de sabores que hay hormigas en el mundo (bueno, casi (bueno, en realidad no se))

2. GUATEROS
Imagínate esto:
Estás sentad@ en el sofá pero tienes demasiado frío así que no puedes relajarte. Estás envuelta en dos mantas y tienes tres calcetines en cada uno de los pies! ¿QUE PUEDES HACER?
Calienta un poquito de agua y llena tu guatero, acurrucate y burlate del frío!

3. CAPAS SOBRE CAPAS... SOBRE CAPAS DE ROPA
En Suecia nos enseñan desde chicos que "no hay mal tiempo; solamente mala ropa". 
Me acuerdo cuando tenía como.. Seis años, y nos dieron un dibujo de una persona que tenías que vestir (dibujarle ropa) dependiendo de el tiempo.
Lo que viene primero cuando hace frío es una capa de ropa interior que resiste el agua por si es que te mojas, ósea algodón no seria lo mejor. Después viene la polera, y el poleron, etcétera..
A lo largo de mi estancia acá en Chile, he notado que no son muchos los que viven según esta "regla de capas". Por ejemplo, cuando hace frío y me quiero poner pantys delgaditos negros, me pongo pantys transparentes debajo de ellos. La gente siempre me pregunta si no tengo frío porque estoy muy desabrigada. Pero no lo tengo (bueno, no tanto) porque tengo mis trucos, ves? :D
Pero para ser justa, tienen unos polars bien calientitos acá en Chile que uso mucho :)

4. SELLO ES BELLO
Entra mucho viento frío por las ventanas y las puertas, así que recomiendo sellarlos. Es rápido, es efectivo, es fácil y es barato! ¿Qué mejor?

5. ABRAZOS!
... Obviamente!
A todos les gustan los abrazos! Por lo menos si son con la persona adecuada! Así que por que no aprovechar el calor corporal? Acurrucanse, amigos! 



 XO
J.



No comments:

Post a Comment